Unless otherwise stated all photography and text on this website is © Mike McFarlane 2012.
Photography Course terms
We want you to have a great day on your chosen photography course, but please bear the following in mind:
* The photography courses take place in often rugged and wild places. You need to be reasonably fit and dressed accordingly. Please get in touch if you need more info.
* I try to pick locations that are accessible to those with disabilities, but this is not always possible. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss a photography course further.
* Mike McFarlane takes no responsibility for accidents, bad weather, acts of God etc. Please take out appropriate travel/personal insurance if you need cover.
* We try to cater for a wide variety of diets. Please let me know when you book if you have any special dietary requirements.
* Unless otherwise stated accommodation is not provided. Please contact the local Tourist Office or myself if you require advice on where to stay.
* Cancelations. I have to pay providers of services to my photography courses, so if you decided not to attend then it has cost implications to me or the other students if minimum numbers are not met. If you cancel up to one month before the photography course, you will receive a full refund. Cancelations between one month to one week before the photography course will receive a 50% refund. Cancelations less than a week, or just not turning up on the day, will not be eligible for any refund.
Online shop returns policy
We want you to be entirely happy with your limited edition fine art print, but if you are dissatisfied please follow these guidelines.
* Please return your unwanted items to us within 28 days of purchase in perfect unused condition in the original shipping container and we will give you a full refund or exchange.
* If your item(s) is faulty, please inform us immediately.
* Postage cannot be refunded, unless the item is faulty.
* We recommend that you return goods using a courier. We are not responsible for goods that go missing.
* On the receipt of goods, your refund/exchange will be arranged if goods are in resellable condition.
* Refunds will be credited to original method of payment. Once the item(s) have been refunded you will receive a confirmation email from Paypal. If the item(s) are being exchanged, they will be despatched within 10 working days.
1. Commissioned photography is costed on a per job basis.
2. Prices include time for the agreed period and dispatch of unsorted images by CD or email within five working days. Delivery within 24 hours is available. Other expenses, including travel, image sorting/captioning, editorial and image post processing, will be charged separately.
3. Stock image pricing is dependent on usage and reproduction size.
4. Files are native 36x24cm @ 300dpi = 70MB 16bit TIFF file. Photographs are captured digitally in Adobe DNG RAW (12bit) format then converted to 16bit TIFF to maximise quality. Interpolation to large file sizes is available. jpeg (8bit) can also be provided. Higher quality files can be provided by prior arrangement.
5. Files will be supplied unprocessed with basic captioning on CD. Bulk processing to create a web gallery, automatically colour correct and apply standard captions can be supplied. Correction of individual files, if required, will include captioning, colour correction, cleaning and cropped to the standard set in the Pass4Press (www.pass4press.com) guidelines which are supported by many print and publishing companies including: Emap, Adobe, BBC, CMP, VNU and Conde Nast Publications. Basic camera specific sharpening will be applied. Further sharpening for output is the responsibility of the client.
6. Images on CD will be supplied in a catalogue with a browser that allows client feedback via email. Please state if you do not require this.
7. The photographs are handled in a fully ICC colour calibrated workflow. No liability is accepted for the client working outside an ICC calibrated workflow. Files will be supplied in the Adobe RGB or ProPhoto workspace with an embedded profile. Any reprofilling including conversion to CMYK, is the responsibility of the client.
8. Once the client has accepted delivery of the images, no responsibility will be accepted for lost image files. However a backup of all image and data files is performed on a regular basis, including off site backups, so replacement may be possible.
9. The trading name of the business is 'Mike McFarlane'.
10. Please make payment within 30 days of invoicing. Cheques are payable to 'Mike McFarlane'. Account details available on request for BACS payments.
11. Various copyright models exist dependent on usage. See quote or price list for details. All work is copyright Mike McFarlane unless otherwise stated or agreed. All other copyright is preserved. Copyright is not transferred unless confirmed in writing and until payment is received in full.
12. All photos should be credited to Mike McFarlane. A discount on the invoice is available for inclusion of 'www.mcfarlane.scandinaviandesignsprojects.com' in the credits. The discount will also apply if copyright is transferred and Mike McFarlane is credited as the photographer.
13. A standard contract outlining the brief, costs and intended usage of photographs will be provided and agreed before work commences.
14. For commissioned photography it is the responsibility of the client to obtain permission for the photography of the model/person/child/property and to ensure correct release forms are signed unless otherwise agreed.
15. Liability insurance provided by Photoguard.
16. Indemnity – Mike McFarlane agrees to undertake all due care in researching and providing photography services to the client. No responsibility will be taken for subsequent use of those services or photography by the client.
17. No liability is accepted for weather, acts of God, terrorism or other situations beyond the control of Mike McFarlane.
Mike McFarlane MSc